Sunday, April 26, 2009

3 great shopping trips

It has been awhile since I posted anything. That's what happens when you go on spring break. I have a few deals that I've gotten in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to post. I'm not going to do the break down since these deals have past, but they are still worth noting.

I made a quick run to Target between our trips to San Diego and Utah during spring break. It was a very productive little shopping trip. I only needed to do 2 transactions, and I got everything in the picture for $0.88. Retail value for everything was $17.28 making it a 95% savings.
This past week I had two very good shopping runs. The first was to Walgreens on Earth day. I got the extra bonus of getting everything 15% off plus my coupons because of the Earth day celebration. I only spent $8.32 for my purchases here, plus I have a $2 register reward left over for my shopping trip tomorrow to Walgreens (and let me tell you, it should be an awesome trip with some of the deals that I've found). The retail value of everything was $45.76 making it an 82% savings.
This last trip was to Smiths this week. I took my husband along with me, which was fun showing him all the deals I was getting (it's so much fun sharing my shopping excitement with someone else). I thought that I did pretty well getting everything for $21.86. It was a 60% savings over the retail price of $56.04. Considering I had 27 items, I paid on average $0.81 for each item. That helped stock up our food storage a little bit more. We are getting on our way to our 3 month supply of things we commonly eat, and slowly working on the year supply of basics. It's never too soon to start preparing for challenges that life may throw at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment