Saturday, June 20, 2009

Walgreens weekly wrap up


I know that this post is a little late in getting out since these sales ended tonight. I've been pretty busy with my little one starting swim lessons, working extra at the hospital, and working on a secret project for Father's day for my husband (check out my other blog here in a couple of days to see it). I apologize that it is late, but it was such a great week that I just had to do a post on it. I was most excited to be able to get some more makeup (Loreal), using my register rewards earned on the St. Ives body wash and manufacturer coupons (plus the buy one get one free offer). I only spent $3.05 for the makeup and everything else you see here (4 deodorants, 4 toothbrushes, 2 packs of floss, 1 St. Ives body wash, 4 pkgs. vanilla pudding, and the 2 containers of makeup). That is a 94% savings over the $48.21 original value. I used $21 in manufacturer coupons, $11.20 in Walgreens coupons (in their weekly ad), and saved an additional $12.99 from sale prices. Great week :)


I have mentioned in a previous post the need for filler items when combining RR and manufacturer coupons. I really like using their puddings for this. Not only are they one of the cheapest things that you'll find there, but the vanilla ones come in really handy since I am now making 2-3 batches of Amish friendship bread every 10 days and each recipe needs one (can I just say YUM--I love that stuff!).

No comments:

Post a Comment