Saturday, June 6, 2009

Albertson's cereal deals 6/4-6/9

It's been awhile since I've posted anything--I've been gone on vacation having a fun time with family in Minnesota. When I got back I had to do two graveyard shifts at the hospital, and what did my sweet husband do while I was gone--he organized one of our closets better, so there was more room on our "cereal shelf" for more storage. I took advantage of the extra room and went out and bought more cereal. Don't worry--I didn't even break my cereal rule of not spending more than a dollar for a box of cereal. Here's how:

Albertson's is having a great deal this week. Some of their Kellogg's cereal is 2 for $5, but if you buy 8 boxes you get $5 off instantly. If you printed off any of those great $1 off Kellogg's cereal coupons last month online, then you can essentially get a box of cereal for $0.88, or you can use the $1 coupons that came in the RedPlum coupon booklet during this past week with the ads in your mailbox.

I also scored big by getting my cereal during their 8 hour sale on Thursday. Their Mini Wheats were on sale for 3 for $5. Using $1 off per box coupons that I had received from VocalPoint, I was able to get these for $0.67. (If you sign up on VocalPoint they will send you free samples and coupons periodically). If you missed the 8 hour sale you can still get the MiniWheats with the other Kelloggs deal of $5 off instantly when you purchase 8 boxes.

So, combining the different deals I was able to get 14 boxes of cereal for $10.96. Now for the bonus savings--on the back of the MiniWheats boxes are tokens to earn free movies. Each box has 2 tokens, and you need 5 tokens to get a free movie. All you do is mail in the tokens with a form printed on the inside of the box. That's it--and they'll send you a free movie (they have 8 different ones to pick from). You don't even have to pay shipping and handling.

For a double bonus the same boxes of cereal have a form for a $4 mail in rebate when you purchase the movie Marley and Me. If you were planning on getting that movie anyway, here's a way to save a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment