Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Excuses for my Absence

I'm back...I know, it's been a long time. Sorry for the long delay. I had a wonderful December, and did almost no deal shopping--I had most of my Christmas shopping done well before December, and we were gone visiting family and friends a lot of the time, so I took a little break. Because of all the deal shopping I had done during the months before, we were well stocked up on the things that we needed, so I really didn't need to do much shopping at all. It was a relaxful December.

I also have been inspired by some fellow bloggers out there to try and eat from our pantry this month, utilizing food items that we already have on hand, and mainly only grocery shopping for milk, bread, and other perishable items. It's been a fun challenge, and I've taken the opportunity to try new recipes out and realize that I can take my food storage and turn it into some wonderful meals--even using our whole wheat without a grinder. I did pick up a bunch of canned items at the Smith's caselot sale last week, but besides that I haven't bought much more food besides the milk, bread, fruits and veggies and yogurt.

I guess my third excuse for slacking on this blog is due to focusing on activities in my other 2 blogs. If interested, check them out here:

http://www.pattycakesbakery.blogspot.com/
http://www.ourscoutingchronicles.blogspot.com/

I did snag a good deal today, worthy of posting. I went to CVS today to pick up some Huggies diapers with a raincheck I had from a few weeks ago. I utilized 2 $2 off Huggies supreme coupons (you can get them on my sidebar--just click on "see all coupons"), a BOGOF Oust coupon from the 1/3 SS, as well as a $5 ECB I had earned during an earlier week and $4 left on a CVS gift card I earned from filling a prescription there. All in all I spent out of pocket $4.40, an 86% savings. I am also getting my Caregivers Marketplace rebate together which will give me $1.50 more back for these 2 packs of diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment