Thursday, May 7, 2009

Target Deals--May 3-9

Target is having a pretty good deal right now, especially if you already have a few things that you need to get from there anyway. If you buy 4 Fiber One products (cereal, granola bars, toaster pastries, muffin mix, pancake mix), you get a $5 gift card towards your next purchase. If you have saved any fiber one coupons up, this could actually mean they essentially pay you to take the items. Let me show you what I mean:
Trip one (this was a better savings than trip 2, but I didn't have as good of coupons for my second trip):

bought 2 cereals at 2.39/box (sale price) and 2 toaster pastries at 1.79/box (sale price), and used 4 $1 off coupons = $4.36 spent ... but I got a $5 gift card so I really made 0.64 for gettting 2 boxes of cereal and 2 boxes of toaster pastries.

This was worth it for me because I needed to get my little girl some Huggies swim diapers at Target before my $3 off 1 pkg. coupon expired. Using my coupon, gift card, and getting 2 V8 splashes (and using coupons on them) and a box of envelopes which we just plain needed, I spent overall $10.94 for everything, including the Fiber One stuff. Considering that the swim diapers would have cost me $11.64 (that includes the tax) I actually spent less on all of this stuff than just buying the swim diapers!

Trip 2:
I did the fiber one deal again and got 3 cereals and 1 muffin mix (each on sale for $2.39), but only had 2 $0.75 coupons and 1 $1 coupon, so I spent $7.06 on the 4 items, getting a $5 gift card (so really only spending $2.06).

I did this because we really needed some brita filter replacements for our water pitcher. There is a $5 off manufacturers coupon in the Albertsons ad this week for the Brita pitchers or filters, but Target's price is cheaper than Albertsons for this. It was priced at $16.69 (includes tax), but I used my $5 coupon and $5 gift card earned, bringing the total down to $6.69.

Combining the 2 transactions I only spent $13.75 -- $3 less than it would have cost me to purchase the brita filters by themselves. Awesome.

While the really good fiber coupons are no longer available, you can still print off some descent ones here or here. The Brita coupon is a manufacturer's coupon, not an Albertson's coupon, so you can clip it out of the ad and use it anywhere (it expires on 05/15/09). Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment