Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CVS Deals 8-16 through 8-22


I finally back in town again after another quick trip down to San Diego, this time for my brother-in-law's wedding (go to my other blog here to see pictures of the wedding cake I made). I got a late start on the CVS deals for the week since many of them are 3 day only deals that end today (8/18), but I was able to find everything that I wanted at one of my CVS stores nearby and actually made money/ECBs off of this shopping trip.


All in all I did 3 transactions, rolling over ECBs earned. I spent a total of $12.08 out of pocket, a 78% savings over the normal retail value of $54.00, but I also came away with $20.27 in ECBs to use next week, meaning that overall I actually made $8.19 today on my shopping trip!


I was able to get:


1 Extra Laundry Detergent (cost 2.99, earn 2.99 ECB)

1 Loreal Revitalift deep set wrinkle cream and 1 Revitalift cream cleanser (cost $14.99 and $5.99, earn $10ECB)

1 Physicians Formula mascara (cost 9.99, earn 9.99ECB)

2 Papermate packs of pens (cost 0.99 each, earn 0.99ECB each)

4 Johnson and Johnson First Aid to Go packs (cost 4.00, earn 4.00ECB)

1 Hagen Daaz bar (cost 2.00, earn 2.00 ECB)

1 Ice Breakers Gum (cost 1.29 , earn 1.29 ECB)

1 sharpener (cost 0.29)


Here are some of the things that helped get the cost down:

$5 off $25 CVS purchase coupon from the CVS website after doing a survey here

$5 off $15 purchase coupon from the Red CVS coupon scanner at the front of the store

4 $1 off J&J coupons from the 8/2 SS

$5 off Revitalift coupon from the Loreal website here

$1 off Revitalift cleanser coupon from the 8/9RP


I could have also gotten a $4 off $20 makeup purchase coupon from the CVS ReadyFill booklet to help with the Loreal purchase, but I forgot to ask the cashier for one. Oops.

Some of these deals end today, but the Loreal and Johnson and Johnson kits are week long.

I am really excited to try the Revitalift eye cream. I have been getting bad bags under my eyes from working a few graveyard shifts here and there at the hospital. We'll see if this helps. The first aid to go kits are great. I have one in the car, diaper bag, husband's backpack, etc. They are small enough not to get in the way. Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment