Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have a confession...

Yes, it's true. I am a "dumpster diver." It's time that I let everyone know that. Okay, it's not as bad as you think. Let me explain...

You know those packets you get in the mail on Tuesdays--the ones with all the ads for the different grocery stores? Well, most times, hidden between the pages of ads there will be one of those priceless RedPlum inserts (alright, maybe not "priceless" but still usually worth about $50 in savings). Most people just toss the entire packet, not realizing what they have.

Come Tuesday evenings or Wednesday mornings when I go to pick up my mail at my apartment complex I can't help but look in the garbage can that sits by all the mailboxes. There are dozens of those packets just sitting in there, waiting for some adventurous soul like me to pick through them and find their "diamond in the rough." I usually end up with at least half a dozen of these inserts. Happy day!
Now I know all of you up in Utah who have mulitple Sunday newspaper subscriptions and are mad that the RedPlum just got switched from being delivered in your Sunday paper to now coming in your mail during the week like down here, don't stress too much. I'm sure if you head over to your nearest apartment complex the day after the insert is mailed out, you will discover dozens of them in the trash. Maybe then you too will become a "dumpster diver."

(PS-did any of you notice this week's mailing? We scored big with both a RedPlum and P&G Savers booklet)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! And I'm jealous! P&G had tons of great coupons this time around!

    ReplyDelete